Tweets From The Chairman/Chief Executive, AiRS, Dr. David Nzekwu’s Media Outing on both Radio and TV Programs at ABS, Awka today…
* The Chairman/Chief Executive of the AiRS, Dr. David Nzekwu informed the Anambrans that ANSSID (Anambra State Social Identity Number) is a must for every Anambra or every individual resident in the state to obtain owing to the fact that every transaction conducted by any taxpayer within the state must be done using ANSSID number.
* That the ANSSID number is required when filling the annual tax return which is on or before 31st January for corporate organizations and on or before 31st March 2020 for individuals who pay personal income tax. He equally reminded the taxpayers in the state about the penalty accrued to any defaulter who fails to file their tax returns with the sum of N500,000 and N50,000 for both individual and corporate entities respectively.
* Dr. Nzekwu further explained the link between the ANSSID and TIN generated numbers and stressed the importance, adding that very soon the federal government will be using the state ANSSID number to generate the TIN number which will also be linked with the person’s Bank BVN to avoid the account being frozen.
* Going forward, every Anambra citizen/ taxpayer resident in Anambra will be required to provide their ANSSID number in order to open a bank account.
* That everyone is eligible to obtain the ANSSID number in the State and further stressed that no account should anyone demand money to issue an ANSSID number, adding that it is being done FREE of CHARGE. He also enjoined the public to endeavor to register themselves through the AiRS self portal/website; www.airs.an.gov.ng to avoid such complaints. He also urged the public to report any Community Revenue Officer demanding for any amount in order to do his/her job of having to register for ANSSID number for proper punishment.
* That every business owner in Anambra state must ensure that their business is registered and as well get their business premises certificate which they are required to display conspicuously at their places of doing business as failure to do so attracts penalty according to tax law act.
* Finally, the Chairman reiterated the fact that ANSSID is a platform that ensures the uniqueness of every information generated, as well as it’s reliability and authenticity. He also said the ANSSID helps in creating a database of citizens in the state.
This information he explains helps the government in proper budget planning and the provision of social services. Therefore, it is expected that every “Onye Anambra” or persons resident in Anambra should endeavor to obtain the ANSSID number.
These are from today’s discussion at ‘Good Morning Anambra’ and ‘Nzuko Anambra’.